ACEC Washington is committed to an inclusive and diverse engineering industry.
The engineering profession has always been grounded in integrity, fairness and service to community. Engineers build communities. We create space and by extension, we create social experience. We support equality and respect for all humankind. We believe in providing equitable opportunities within our profession to support untapped potential both within our workforce and within the communities we serve. And we have the power to foster progress by breaking down the physical barriers that can inhibit economic and social equity.
Those are the principles that guide our community through this difficult time. Through ACEC we will embrace inclusion and diversity and continue to focus our members on ways to lift people up to become their best selves and to make our companies models of the values we embrace.
ACEC Washington's Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Committee
The purpose of the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Committee is to work to ensure that ACEC is a welcoming organization where all members are included, involved, and have the opportunity to pursue key roles in the life of the Council.
- Assist in the development of educational programs that help ACEC WA members expand inclusion, diversity, and equity within their firms.
- Develop partnerships with engineering societies and organizations that represent diverse communities.
- Assist ACEC Washington in its efforts to provide appropriate communication tools and best practices about inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging for the membership.
- Develop Opportunities for diverse ACEC members to connect with ACEC WA and with each other.
Co-Chair: Regina Glenn, Pacific Communications Consultants, Inc.
- Co-Chair: Ron Paananen, HDR
- Kristine Agers, HNTB
- Bonnie Barcellos, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
- Stefani Braicks, GeoEngineers
- Sherry Harris, ErgoSynch
- Grantley Martelly, Triunity Engineering
- Brenda Nnambi, Sound Transit
- April 21: The Impact of Alternative Delivery on the Engineering Community
- April 24-26: ACEC Washington Spring Conference
- DEIB-Focused Sessions include:
- Developing a Strategic Competitive Advantage Using Diverse Workforce Talent Strategies
- Strengthening Our Industry: Building the Capacity of Underrepresented Firms
- May 18: ACEC Washington Small Firm Roundtable
- ACEC National Inclusion & Diversity Site
- Public Agency Diversity Resources: