Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
ACEC Washington is committed to an inclusive and diverse engineering industry.
The engineering profession has always been grounded in integrity, fairness and service to community. Engineers build communities. We create space and by extension, we create social experience. We support equality and respect for all humankind. We believe in providing equitable opportunities within our profession to support untapped potential both within our workforce and within the communities we serve. And we have the power to foster progress by breaking down the physical barriers that can inhibit economic and social equity.
Those are the principles that guide our community through this difficult time. Through ACEC we will embrace inclusion and diversity and continue to focus our members on ways to lift people up to become their best selves and to make our companies models of the values we embrace.
ACEC Washington's Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Committee
The purpose of the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Committee is to work to ensure that ACEC is a welcoming organization where all members are included, involved, and have the opportunity to pursue key roles in the life of the Council.
- Assist in the development of educational programs that help ACEC WA members expand inclusion, diversity, and equity within their firms.
- Develop partnerships with engineering societies and organizations that represent diverse communities.
- Assist ACEC Washington in its efforts to provide appropriate communication tools and best practices about inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging for the membership.
- Develop Opportunities for diverse ACEC members to connect with ACEC WA and with each other.
Co-Chair: Regina Glenn, Pacific Communications Consultants, Inc.
- Co-Chair: Ron Paananen, HDR
- Kristine Agers, HNTB
- Bonnie Barcellos, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
- Stefani Braicks, GeoEngineers
- Sherry Harris, ErgoSynch
- Grantley Martelly, Pierce Transit
- Brenda Nnambi, Sound Transit
- Marvin Thomas, Triunity, Inc.
Stay tuned for upcoming programs!
- How to Write an Effective Diversity and Inclusion Plan for Key Public Agencies
- Equity in Public Contracting
- Best Practices for Successful Teaming
- The Impact of Alternative Delivery on the Engineering Community
Recordings of past programs are available for purchase. Please contact Claire Inslee if you are interested in viewing.
- ACEC National Inclusion & Diversity Site
- Public Agency Diversity Resources:
Join the Committee
Are you interested in joining the ACEC Washington DEIB Committee and helping to make our community a more equitable and welcoming place for all? Contact Claire Inslee or Regina Glenn for more information!